ICANN is looking for the next generation of individuals who are interested in becoming more engaged in their regional communities and in shaping the future of global Internet policy. Important work is happening every day...
- PIR Launches New Institute to Combat DNS Abuse 17/02/2021 CircleID Reporter
- Alphabet to Shut down Loon, its Balloon Based Internet Access Project 26/01/2021 CircleID Reporter
- DNSSEC Now Deployed in all Generic Top-Level Domains, Says ICANN 29/12/2020 CircleID Reporter
- Donuts Completes the Acquisition of Afilias 29/12/2020 CircleID Reporter
- The Government of Niue Launches Proceedings With ICANN to Reclaim Its .nu Top-Level Domain 16/12/2020 CircleID Reporter
- Nigeria: NCC Highlights Role of Telecoms in Nigeria's Exit From Recession 25/02/2021[This Day] The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has highlighted the role played by the telecommunications sector in lifting the country out of recession in the recently released fourth quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figures for the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Nigeria: Staveley - SMEs Are More Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks 25/02/2021[This Day] Cybersecurity professional and Executive Director, Cybersafe Foundation, Confidence Staveley, in this interview speaks on the growing trend of cyber-attacks and the implications for small businesses. Excerpts:
- Nigeria: Community Wifi Launched 25/02/2021[This Day] FiamWifi and the Ikoyi-Obalende Local Council Development Area (LCDA) have launched internet service though the use of Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) at the Ikoyi-Obalende community in Lagos.
- Uganda: Risk of Cyber Attacks Increasing, Says Report 25/02/2021[Monitor] The Africa Cyber Security report 2019/20 has revealed an increase in remote connection vulnerabilities in Uganda, citing increased working from home due to the pandemic.
- Nigeria: Report - Nigeria Records High Internet Usage, Low Download Speed 25/02/2021[This Day] A recent report published by We Are Social and Hootsuite has shown that Nigeria maintains high record of internet usage, but with very low download speeds.