The Internet started as a United States Government research project in the late 1960s under the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA). DARPA later joined forces with Bolt Beranek and Newman (BBN) to create...
- FCC Grants ISPs Temporary Access to Wireless Spectrum to Help Handle Demand During Pandemic 27/03/2020 CircleID Reporter
- Over 360 Security Experts Around the World From Group to Combat COVID-19 Hackers, Protect Hospitals 26/03/2020 CircleID Reporter
- BT Removes Broadband Caps, Offers Unlimited Data to Customers Amid COVID-19 Crisis 23/03/2020 CircleID Reporter
- EU Commissioner Calls on Streaming Services to Switch Streaming Videos From HD to Standard Mode 20/03/2020 CircleID Reporter
- Public Interest Registry, ICANN Agree to Extend Deadline on Review of Proposed Acquisition of .ORG 18/03/2020 CircleID Reporter
- West Africa: How COVID-19 Has Proven the Value of Internet Freedom 28/03/2020[MFWA] When cases of corona virus infections started spreading in West Africa, many countries moved to ban public gatherings outright or limited them to a specific number of people.
- South Africa: Eastern Cape Gets New App for Lockdown Essential Services Info 27/03/2020[Daily Maverick] A simple mobile app, originally designed to help older people to access services in some of South Africa's big townships, will now be rolled out to help Eastern Cape communities to access information during lockdown.
- Namibia: MTC Avails N$1 Million to Help Combat COVID-19 27/03/2020[Namibia Economist] Mobile Telecommunications Company, MTC, recently announced an aggressive response strategy to help fight Corona Virus.
- South Africa: COVID-19 - New App to Avoid Future Lockdowns 27/03/2020[UCT] As South Africans commence a 21-day lockdown, a group of researchers from the University of Cape Town (UCT) is working tirelessly on a smartphone app that could play an important role in managing future outbreaks of COVID-19 and economic recovery.
- South Africa: COVID-19 - Some Sex Workers Move Online As SA Heads Into Lockdown 27/03/2020[GroundUp] Note: South Africa is currently in lockdown. Travelling outside your house to have sex is strongly discouraged. Virtual sex is safe.